FASA is Hiring!
Job Callout: FASA’s Chief Electoral Officer
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 13th 2022, 11:59pm EST
Contract: March - April (inclusive).
Compensation: $15.50/hour, requires 10-20 hours, as needed
FASA is seeking an undergraduate Fine Arts student to act as Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) in our 2020/21 Annual General Elections. The CEO conducts and supervises the Annual General Elections, as well as any Referenda.
Submit your application by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/bxAYSSatibcAm9Fb8
You will be asked several questions and to upload a CV.
All applicants, regardless of if they are selected for an interview, will be contacted by Friday, February 21, 2021.
Interviews will be held the following week via Zoom video call.
Interviews will be conducted in English by two FASA Coordinators.
Interview questions will be sent to applicants 1 day prior to the interview.
Please note that this position requires access to a computer and a reliable internet connection while working remotely. If this presents a barrier to any applicant, FASA will do our best to source a computer or otherwise accommodate.
If you have questions or concerns related to accessibility (or anything else), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Operating the SimplyVote platform on behalf of FASA and its membership in accordance with FASA’s agreement of use with the Concordia Student Union (CSU) and Arts and Science Faculty Association (ASFA)
- Corresponding with FASA, the CSU and ASFA about the use of the SimplyVote platform, as needed
- Creating FASA’s 2022 online election using the SimplyVote platform, including questions regarding the elections of all coordinator nominees to FASA’s five elected coordinator positions for the 2021/22 academic year and all referendum questions
- Entering the contact information of all FASA members into the SimplyVote platform
- Ensuring the validity of all votes cast in FASA’s 2020 online election
- Counting ballots and tallying the results of the elections
- Ensuring the fairness and equity of FASA’s 2022 online election by resolving and/or reporting all problems arising in this course of this election to FASA’s current Coordinator Team and Board of Directors
- Updating the CEO Training Manual at the end of the position
- Values direct-democracy;
- Equitable and respectful;
- Good Communicator;
- Responsible, self-motivated, with strong attention to detail;
- Proficient with computers;
- Quickly adapts to use new software;
- Proficient with Google Drive;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to adapt to feedback;
- Good time management;
- Available for regular email communications;
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate Fine Arts student at Concordia University (in a Major, Minor, or Specialization).
- Familiarity with elections, particularly students electoral processes, such as that of the CSU, ASFA, or FASA;
- Familiarity of the organization and the FASA Bylaws;
- Knowledge of non-hierarchical governing structures;
- Knowledge of anti-oppression, inclusivity, and accessibility frameworks.
If you are an Indigenous person, a Black person, a person of colour, and/or a person with disabilities, then you are eligible for employment equity. If you are not a member of any of the aforementioned communities but would like to be considered for employment equity, you can indicate this in your application and are welcome to briefly describe in what way you see your perspective(s) underrepresented within Fine Arts student organizations.
FASA values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization. We also understand that applicants may experience a number of identities simultaneously in ways that reinforce and nuance their experience. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve. Please note that while it is not required that candidates explain why they would like to be considered for employment equity, you are welcome to speak to any relevant lived experiences in your application.
This statement is based on one created by COCo: https://coco-net.org/.
Find out more about how FASA uses Employment Equity here.
Join us for FASA's Town Hall!
Join the Fine Arts Student Alliance for our Winter Town Hall, including a Q&A session, short presentations from our Clubs and Affiliates, and get to know what your student Union will be working on this upcoming term! See our Facebook event for more information.