The VAV Gallery is now accepting submissions for our Nuit Blanche Showcase in collaboration with Art Matters
About The VAV,
The V.A.V. (Visual Arts Visuels) Gallery is a student-run exhibition space, supported by a Concordia Fine Arts Undergraduate student fee levy. Concordia students of all identities and levels of experience are encouraged to participate. Concordia University is located on Kanien’kehá:ka traditional territory.
Deadline to submit: Tuesday, December 21st, 2021 @ 11:59 PM
Concordia Undergraduate Fine Arts students enrolled in at least one Fine Arts course during the 2021-2022 academic year.
For inclusion and representativeness, the VAV Gallery encourages under-represented artists in the current visual arts community to submit.
1. The VAV Gallery is excited to accept submissions in different forms of large-scale installation works and performances.
2. The Nuit Blanche Showcase will take place outside, in the courtyard of the VA building. the works will be on display in the courtyard of the VA building about a week prior to the event, and performances will take place on a stage in the courtyard. works submitted should be suitable/ conceived for this context.
3. Students are welcome to submit more than one artwork/project for consideration, however, only one submission form may be used.
4. Submissions can be of completed work, works-in-progress, or can be in the form of proposals for projects such as performances, installations, curatorial experiments, and one-night events.
5. All files must be Mac OS compatible, and any linked content (video, audio, et cetera) must be viewable for at least two weeks after the deadline. Please include passwords for password-protected content in your Project Statement.
6. Submissions will be accepted in either French or English.
How to apply:
Submissions will be accepted in either French or English and only proposals submitted via the online form will be considered. Before submitting, please carefully read our Anti-Oppression Statement in the application form below.
The VAV Gallery values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization. We encourage, among others, Indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people identifying as LGBTQI, women, formerly incarcerated or institutionalized people, immigrants and people from working class backgrounds to apply. We also understand that applicants may experience a number of these identities simultaneously in ways that reinforce and nuance their experience. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve. If you wish to be considered for exhibition equity, you can let us know when filling out your submission form. Please note that while it is not required that candidates explain why they would like to be considered for exhibition equity, please feel free to speak to any relevant lived experiences in your responses.
Further questions: email@example.com
Learn more about the VAV gallery, visit our Instagram account @vavgallery