ART MATTERS IS HIRING!
ONE TRANSLATOR , please see below:
DEADLINE TO APPLY: EXTENDED to midnight of Friday, November 5th
About Art Matters
Art matters is North America’s largest student run Fine Arts festival that takes place every year in March. Since 2000, Art Matters hosts exhibitions and events across Montreal creating platforms and opportunities for undergraduate artists studying at the University.
HIRING - TRANSLATOR
- Candidates must be registered undergraduate students at Concordia University, with International Students remaining eligible
- Candidates must possess experience with or extensive knowledge of the Art Matters Festival
- Candidates must be able to translate from English to French.
- Previous experience in translation is an asset
Compensation and Support
- the translator is paid a 1000$ honorarium.
- the translator is offered ongoing communication with the festival’s coordinating team
- the contract of this position extends from November 2021 - April 2022
- the translator will work closely with the festival’s Outreach Coordinator and Graphic Designer to translate text published by the festival. Key projects will include the festival’s pamphlets, the festival website, and press releases
- Candidates must be able to dedicate approximately 20 hrs/month from November 2021-May 2022. Correspondence is necessary all year long for the translation of documents such as call-outs. However, the festival occurs in March and therefore a heavier workload should be anticipated in the couple of months leading up to the festival (December-January)
How to apply
Please attach the following documents in PDF format prior to midnight of Friday, November 5th to an email application sent to email@example.com. Subject line should state “Translator Application.”
1. COVER LETTER: approximately one-page outlining interest in respective position, experience and knowledge relevant to position, and any experience relevant to Art Matters. Please include whether you are available November 8th for an interview.
2. CV: a CV outlining work experience, providing link(s) to any websites exemplifying work
3. PREVIOUS WORK: one page maximum demonstrating your writing in both English and French
-All candidates, whether to be interviewed or not, will be contacted prior to November 5th, after their applications have been reviewed by the festival coordinators
-Art Matters recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to Art Matters in their cover letter. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for Employment Equity.